Friday 28 March 2014

French Diary



Packed with a lot of memories and mementos from my latest trip to France, the Provence-Alpes- Côte-d’Azur region to be more precise, I decided to let you in on some of the photographic evidence of the beautiful moments I’ve witnessed for a week or so.

You might have some insight into the awful travel I had on the first 2 days, from an earlier post, but my experience went mostly up from that point on.

My trip actually began in Lincoln, on a particularly foggy morning, and continued to an unexpectedly sunny London, right in front of the Buckingham Palace, where I met my darling Ana. While I was waiting for her, I managed to snap some pictures of details surrounding the Palace and the great light contributed highly to the quality of the photos.









The next set of pictures was taken by Ruru, the president of the session, which was also taking advantage of my camera to shoot a journalism story for her Media Communication class, and captured some absolutely gorgeous details of the narrow French streets of Aix-en-Provence by night.



Further on, I found myself taking a gazillion pictures of Toulon, our first “working-destination” of the session, and its sunny surroundings. Especially the beach, where all the officials met for a training and for some quality meet-and-greet.



I felt quite bad for not snapping any pictures in Marseilles, except for some random portraits while enjoying our morning coffee, but I was exhausted after the first week of the trip, so I just sat there, quietly enjoying my ultra-small latte.



The last set of pictures finds us back in Aix-en-Provence, one of the French towns I vowed to get back and see, not only once. The beauty of the narrow streets and the simplicity of all shops and cafés made the deal for me. Small boutiques filled with stylish pieces of clothing, boulangeries that invited you inside with their delicious aroma and freshly baked croissants, macaron places and happy people all over the place are probably the biggest highlights of this lovely place. Not to mention the fact that it’s the home of two of my most darling “personnes d'origine française”, two very hardworking and dedicated individuals that made this session such a big success and EYP in general.



So if you’re thinking of visiting France any time soon, your “hit-list” should start with Aix-en-Provence (call me for tips!), include Toulon and definitely have you ending up on the Alpes overlooking the sea.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

© Alexandra's Musings, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena